How do you measure the value SEO brings to your business? In this video, we show some Google Analytics reports to watch.
Here’s your homework to do to earn more organic search traffic:
- Brainstorm your SEO keywords and find their monthly search volume
- Select your targets, and map them to pages on your website (make note of pages you need to add)
- Take stock of your current SEO.
- Optimize at least one page on your site for your target keywords. Homepage is the most important to get right first.
- Do a quick technical check (mobility, speed, indexing)
Tools to use for your technical check:
- Site speed: GTMetrix, Pingdom and Google’s PageSpeed Insights
- Mobility: Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test (and HotJar recordings)
- Indexing: Google search “site:” followed by your homepage URL and Google Search Console’s crawl error report
- Security: look in the upper left corner of the Chrome browser to see if your website is secure
- Finding broken links: Screaming Frog SEO Spider and Check My Links