Learn what technical pieces need to be in place for your website to rank well. Don’t worry, if you’re using a major website platform like WordPress, much of this is taken care of for your out of the box. The Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress offers additional settings and control.
Tools to use:
- Site speed: GTMetrix, Pingdom and Google’s PageSpeed Insights
- Mobility: Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test (and HotJar recordings)
- Indexing: Google search “site:” followed by your homepage URL and Google Search Console’s crawl error report
- Security: look in the upper left corner of the Chrome browser to see if your website is secure
- Finding broken links: Screaming Frog SEO Spider and Check My Links